Also check out UK Cooperatives , which is a member of the International Cooperative Alliance, and has published a handy overview. Next stop is Social Enterprise UK, followed by Community Companies. There are also the International Workers Association (IWA) and Industrial Workers of the World (IWW), the revolutionary industrial unions whose historic mission is to bring about the end of capitalism. The UK affiliate network of IWA is the Solidarity Federation (SolFed).
You can also:
- Watch numerous videos on post-capitalist topics.
- Read some useful articles covering this subject matter.
- Study the handbook that was assembled during our transition to a worker collective.
- If our approach seems too hardcore, then Radical Routes has published something a little softer.
- There’s also Cooperantics, which can provide training and consultancy, to help people work together in non-hierarchal structures.
- Consult the wikipedia entry on anarcho-syndicalism.
- Download Anarcho-Syndicalism: Theory and Practice by Rudolf Rocker.
- And be sure to check out An Anarchist FAQ, over 20 years and 2,000 pages of effort have been expended on this magnum opus of non-hierarchal organisation and anti-capitalism. It’s also the sort of reference guide that you freely can dip in and out of.