The Black Cat Worker Collective adheres to the principles and practices of modern anarcho-syndicalism. This is encapsulated within our logo thus:
- red represents the labour movement
- black represents anarchism, the absence of structural authority/inequality
- white represents the non-violent transformation of society
- the toothed wheel references cooperation
- the black cat is a symbol of syndicalism, in the sense of solidarity unionism
- the Circle-E represents social equality often termed “equity”
For more information on the Black Cat ethos, please click here, and here.